- Another bespectacled scribbler from India.
- Between 27 and 28.
- Fueled by ‘Ginger Tea’.
- Software Engineer.
- Unbiased between E-Readers and Physical Books.
- Programmed in such a way that when distressed I head to a bookstore.
- ‘Live and Let Live’.
I love words, everything about them. Their nuances, meanings, the way they mean so differently to different people, and even the way the alphabets are arranged to form them. And so, if you tell me ‘I love you’, I might take your words for everything but what you just said, which is sad at times, but fun at almost all the occasions.
I live between the pages of the books, between the lines on the pages. I was besotted with reading quite late in my life when I was in my sophomore, but I firmly believe that a love encountered late in life often offers you the most.
More often than not the screen mocks me with bleak whiteness. Yes — much to your consternation — I don’t write on paper, but that doesn’t take away the fact that I love fancy fountain pens, their shape, their sharp nibs, the ink, and the way the nib of the pen, when seduced by the blank paper, intertwines itself with the paper, and then the pen and the paper seems inseparable until the author stands up to pee. I love the traditional writing process.
But, whenever my job and my restless mind permits me to, I type down a few lines on my Mac.
Who inspires me?
- Writers: I revere Rohinton Mistry, Fyodor Dostoyevski, Oscar Wilde, Haruki Murakami, Agatha Christie, Kazuo Ishiguro, Jhumpa Lahiri, George Orwell. In no particular order after the first two names.
- Actors: I can stare endlessly at the screen when it hosts Shah Rukh Khan or Matthew Perry. I also happen to be in perpetual love with Michael C Hall, Ronit Roy, and Alia Bhatt.
- Singers: There is absolutely nothing more soothing than listening to Mohammad Rafi and Sonu Nigam. Kishore Kumar’s songs are charismatic. Voices of Harshdeep Kaur and Anuradha Palakurthi reside in the deep recesses of my heart, just like the voices of Lucky Ali and Papon.
- Cricketers: Rahul Dravid, the very sight of him taking guard on the ground is so assuring. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the sight of his name on the screen is hope.
And every aspiring artist I stumble across in life. One of them happens to be a dancer, and a good one at that, I dote on her art. Another is a painter and I love her works. And then, there is a singer, a crazy person but an equally wonderful artist, he is more established than me, so I am just happy for him, and finally, there is this girl who captures photos making the reality seem more beautiful every time it is captured by her.
What inspires me?
- And everything in between.
What scares me?
- Running out of love that I have for you.
- Your running out of love that you have for me.
What brings me back to this site time and over again?
- I am a strong believer in the fact that this world needs an observer just as much it needs the doer. So, this site is a compendium of my observations of things that often go unnoticed.
- And the fact that I have no other place to write and reach out to you.
You can find all of my write-ups here
Now that you know the person behind the site. Learn what the site has to offer to you.
PS: Hug your mother and kiss her on her forehead. You have one life and one mother, and albeit the love that you have for each other is enormous, life is short, believe me. Let this be the only thing that you take away from this blog.